Friday, October 30, 2009

I know, I know I suck at blogging!

Can't I just claim I've been sick? Please? I have been you know... I'm an inactive sinner because of the sickness too. So while my body is allegedly getting better, my spirit is oh so sad. I loaded these photos AGES ago but forgot to put text on them..like I do. SO! Birthdays! Chris and I are one month apart...well 4 years and one month!

We'd like to thank Uncle Sam for Chris' best birthday gift. Yes I got him stuff, other people got him stuff, but whos going to top a visit from a great friend from half a world away? It was awesome to see at least one of the Chapman clan, we can't wait to see them all again!


Chris' birthday cake. I made it! I may never do that again... It was my first experience ever with fondant...and tinting fondant...and rolling fondant.. and of course I wasn't going pastel. Heck no! Black or nothing! Yeah...the fondant tinting/rolling/covering/tinting/rolling/cutting/applying took me 4 hours and stained the counters blue.

"Its got gray icing, I can't even begin to think how you make GRAY icing!" ( Name that movie!)

Chris won tickets to CrueFest...uhm, can we say square pegs in round holes? I like Godsmack, and I like the Crue, but the concert? Well...lets just say I don't think we were in Kansas anymore! We took some videos but I can't seem to find them. So instead, you get pictures of our brief run around Manassas Battlefield. This is *definitely* more my thing. And yes, those are my feet, as seen from the Stone Bridge. =)

Aren't we cute?


In front of the Bridge. I like the dappled effect, but unfortunately it prevents me from zooming in or touching the photo up. =(

For my birthday we made the almost 3 hour drive out to Ocean City. I think next time we'd be better off staying for the night but unfortunately, my birthday is forever linked with Labor Day...which means terrible crowds and expensive hotel rooms- no thanks! We were a bit downed because it was too cool to actually go 'into' the water ( See above photo), and very overcast. Still, it was nice to spend the day away from work ( sort of!)

I'll try to get better. Promise!









4 comments:

Ariella said...

You're ALIVE!!! So nice to see a new blog comment. Great Pics! Love the cake. Fabulous! I tried fondant once...yeah, not sure if I'll ever do it again, either.

You guys are so cute. Hope you're feeling better. :)

Monique said...

I LOOOOOVE the post. As usual and I hope that you finally received your b-day gift... eeek! Unharmed. So all those pics that B took of the trip have made me pretty jealous. :) Glad that he could be there for Chris' birthday!! How fun! Love you!

And: Fondant sucks. Feel better soon! We need to chat...

Linds said...

Good to see you back, I'd wondered where you were! I'm sorry you've been so sick, I hope that you will be fully recovered soon! And that cake looks great, and it seems Chris was really happy about it too!

Lucy said...

the movie steel magnolias